Congratulations to PSI partners, Brown and Toland Physicians, for a ninth consecutive "Elite" medical group honor
As an independent anatomic pathology lab, Pathology Services Incorporated is proud to partner with high-caliber independent physicians. Strength comes from working with others who have patients' best interests at heart and are committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
Congratulations from PSI to an exclusive partner: Brown & Toland Physicians/Alta Bates Medical Group (ABMG). The California Association of Physician Groups recognized Brown & Toland, of which ABMG is a member, as an "Elite" medical group for the ninth year in a row. CAPG is the largest trade association of its kind in the country, with 200 multispecialty group and Independent Practice Association (IPA) members. Brown & Toland forms one of the East Bay's largest IPAs. Every year, CAPG assesses the quality of services and value provided by medical groups as part of its "Standards of Excellence" survey.
The San Francisco-based Brown & Toland's 1,500 physicians and staff have earned top-tier honors since the inception of the CAPG survey in 2006. CAPG recognized Brown & Toland for excellence in 6 different categories:
- Care management
- Information technology
- Accountable and transparent operations
- Patient-centric care
- Supportive group approach to advanced care needs
- Administration and financial performance
The Brown & Toland family has debuted many programs and tools to benefit its 300,000 HMO and PPO patients in its 24-year history. Its IT led the way in the coordination of care that keeps patients out of hospitals and living happier, healthier lives. Knowing the medical home is the future of health care, the IPA launched My Health Medical Group, and has also participated in the Pioneer Accountable Care Organization and other ACO projects.
PSI is pleased to be in such good company and is proud to have played a role in industry-recognized quality care at an exceptional value. The PSI team coordinates its pathology services with ABMG/Brown & Toland as an exclusive laboratory for the combined group's patients in the East Bay region.
By partnering with top-notch providers who personify the PSI tagline, "Our patients are more than a barcode," the pathology staff has achieved excellence in technical lab services.
Surgery centers and private practice physicians alike can count on PSI to provide:
- Personalized services
- Prompt turn-around
- Continuity of care
- Expertise from some of the world's most well-recognized pathologists
PSI is honored to provide specialty services for the Brown & Toland family, a group that has so consistently set the bar for patient experiences and health without adding to the cost burden.
- Sutter Medical Center made it to Top 100 Teaching Hospitals and Top 100 Hospitals - A member of PSI’s network partner, Sutter Medical Center, made it to Top 100 Teaching Hospitals and Top 100 Hospitals
- Sutter Health Listed as one of the 50 Great Health Systems to Know - PSI partner Sutter Health listed by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “50 great health systems to know”
- Congratulations From PSI to Brown and Toland Physicians Berkeley - Congratulations to PSI partners, Brown and Toland Physicians, for a ninth consecutive "Elite" medical group honor